Nov 13 2014

December 2014

 

Wellington Veterinary Services December 2014 Newsletter images9

 Another year is coming to a close and so it is a good opportunity to express our appreciation of your support in 2014.

 

What’s new at WVS?

* Like us on Facebook – this is a great way for us to communicate and notify upcoming events with our clients. This month we are doing a Christmas “Howliday” Picture Contest. Submit your favourite Christmas portrait of your pet and the winner will receive FREE monthly nail trims for 2015!

* New Dental Equipment – this summer we introduced dental x-rays, included with each dental surgery. This allows us to exam the mouth under the gum line to further detect any further bone and root loss that is undetected with a routine exam.

Welcome wagon  * 10 year Welcome Wagon Sponsorship – Dr. Yvette received this award in November.

* Buck a Bag – Starting on December 1st, we will be raising money for the Centre Wellington Food Bank. Every year Dr. Yvette matches the amount raised, and with this money we will purchase dog and cat food to help families in need in the area. Last year we raised over $600.00.

Cat Adult Wellness 2014Dog Adult Wellness 2014

* New Adult Packages – In September we started offering adult packages. This includes annual vaccinations, monthly nail trims and much more

 

Main 12 Template

HAZARDS AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE

  • Christmas tree water may contain fertilizers, which, if ingested, can cause stomach upset. Stagnant tree water can be breeding grounds for bacteria, which can also lead to vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea, if ingested.
  • Electric cords– Avoid animal exposure to electric cords. If they were chewed, they could electrocute your pet. Cover up or hide electric cords, never let your pet chew on them.
  • Ribbons or tinsel can get caught up in the intestines and cause intestinal obstruction.
  • Batteries contain corrosives. If ingested they can cause ulceration to the mouth, tongue, and the rest of the gastrointestinal tract.
  • Glass ornaments can cut the tissues of the gastrointestinal tract if ingested.

 Toxic Holiday Plants

* some seasonal plants can be harmful to pets when ingested. Here are some plants to be aware of: Holly, Mistletoe, Poinsettias, and Lilies of all varieties are extremely toxic and can be lethal to cats.

Holiday Food Hazards

*  Festive events often mean edible treats – and lots of them. Unfortunately, some of the most popular holiday goodies can be extremely toxic or fatal to pets. Here are some of the foods to be wary of:

– Chocolate ( the darker the chocolate, higher the risk)
– Fat trimmings and bones
– Alcohol
– Nuts
– Caffeine

Gift-Certificate2

* Need a holiday gift idea for the pet lover that has everything? How about a Wellington Veterinary Services Gift Certificate? *

images14JOIN US ON NOVEMBER 29TH FOR THE ELORA SANTA CLAUS PARADE.

Holiday Hours:

Wednesday December 24th: closed at 12:00p
Thursday December 25 and Friday December 26th : CLOSED
Wednesday December 31st: Closed at 12:00p
Thursday January 1st: CLOSED
* Friday January 2nd regular business hours resume 8-6pm*
After hours please call Campus Estates Animal Hospital 519 837-1214

 

FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS, WE WISH YOU THE BEST FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON

christmas-holly

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

wellington | Newsletters

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *